10.11.11

Silly but true...

I got home last night and all was quiet. Lauren was out doing laundry, and Laura was in her room on the phone. Charlie was sleeping like a log and Sammie was in Laura's room. So I unpacked things and went straight into the bathroom for a shower. By the time I turned the water off, I could hear that Lauren was home, and Laura and Sammie were over by her room saying hello.

So I get dressed and open the bathroom door... and right away I hear the sound of little jingle bells. Sammie racing through the house, like she couldn't wait to see me! It kinda made my evening. :) I scooped her up and gave her kisses for the 5 seconds she would let me hold her without squirming.

I don't know what it is..... but affection from her is SO sweet. Probably because it is hard-won. Probably because Sammie was originally from the streets and hasn't grown up around loving humans..... It's like she deigns us worthy to grace us with her purrs and cuddles. Lol.

When did I become such a kitty person??

No comments: