1.5.09

Leaving on a jet plane.....

In a few hours, I'll be on my way. Heading south. First to Nicaragua: Unknown. Promising. Exciting. Then to Belize.... it almost feels like I'm going home; there are so many memories there.

I forfeited sleep tonight.... yes because there were many many last-minute things to do, but also.... I find it so hard to sleep before a big trip! The thought that WOW, this time tomorrow I will be in a completely other world! keeps my mind running around in endless circles. Also, plane travel thrills me... I don't know what it is. But to get on a plane, spend a few hours above the clouds, then descend to find yourself a thousand miles away from home..... wheee. I don't even really mind airports. :p

And even sweeter still? This time, Miss Jean will be with me! To share the next few weeks of experiences with her makes me so happy. There's nothing quite like shared nostalgia on those days a couple months down the road when you're missing it all.

So yep.... things'll be quiet around here for a few weeks. Until then, I leave you with this:Um. Don't ask. I don't think I would have an answer for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! ... And I love that last pic. Don't argue with Steph when she has a knife! Sooo funny!

Frank

carmen said...

...

it looks like the cake ran away from its impending death.
Ooor Steph has really bad aim.
Ooor the above comment.

^^ trust that you are enjoying the process of getting to know the unknown!

sonj said...

love your t-shirt!