21.8.08

Mindless (Metadata) Entry & Persistence

I've been working on entering metadata (data ABOUT data.... now that's interesting - NOT) for ONE protocol file today. It takes so dreadfully long to do one..... (and how many more do I have to go?!). The afternoon was mainly spent defining all the columns on one data sheet. More yawning. More trying to keep myself on task and at my desk by listening to Mark Driscoll preach on prayer (definitely go listen! It's fantastic. That man definitely has a gift for getting basic concepts across in a fresh, cut-to-the-heart, I-never-thought-of-it-that-way-before way. And there's plenty new things to digest too). Constant self-reminders about being a diligent worker and how that flows into adorning the gospel running through my head. And then FINALLY (Thank the Lord.... really.) I finish.

Only to discover that there are 4 more data sheets, all with the same columns, BUT (the cherry on top of the sundae of metadata PAIN) there is no way to paste over what I've done - meaning I have to repeat and repeat and repeat...... O_o

Oh the despair. You know that expression they use in literature, "and his face fell at the bad news"? Yeah. That. Me.

It's 5pm. I think I will go home and try this again tomorrow. Maybe I will get faster. Or maybe I will discover some brilliant way to copy and paste everything. Or maybe not, and my task is to persist. *sigh*

Father, even in this may You be glorified.....

No comments: