22.1.10

hit the ground running

Geesh I've been gone from here a long time..... Helloooo 2010 (and half of January)! The second half of last semester really got consumed by school (merely "consumed" is an understatement). Before I knew what to do with myself, my first semester in grad school was over, and I was on the way home to CanEHdia! I used to think the geezers were nuts when they said this, but truly: time flies by soooo fast. I got to spend three wonderful weeks in Ottawa with friends and family, and all-too-soon it was time to come back. We've all dived right back into the thick of school and two days in, I had to remind myself that it was only the second day of school. You know it's crazy-insane when you can't even keep that in perspective!! But you know.... at some point a gal's gotta get the rest of her life somewhat back in order (right?) so I'm back, with a new layout and banner, hopefully holiday photos soonish, and hopefully with regular-ish updates. :)

For now, I leave you with a passage that turned up several times for me at the start of the new year:

Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
The wild beasts will honor me, the jackals and the ostriches,
for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert,
to give drink to my chosen people,
the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.
(Isaiah 43: 18-21, esv)

This is so good.... it's something to carry into the new year with you. It bathes the new year in such hope, don't you think? :)

No comments: