10.10.09

Favorite time of year

I love autumn weather..... I love the refreshing change from the oppressive summer heat. I love crisp, bright, autumn days. I love that the invigorating air makes it perfect for hiking and soccer. I love the colour change in the trees.

And I really miss that about home right now.

Autumn in the Gatineau Hills

But lately we've been having our own version of autumn down here..... no crisp bright days, and no Fall Rhapsody, but it's definitely cooled off a bit. Today it was actually cold enough for fleeces and close-toed shoes, and I realized with a sinking heart that 1) I did NOT bring enough warm clothes down with me, and 2) if 15C weather has me running for a jacket, I must have acclimatized to Texan conditions far faster than I thought possible (and it's aaaaall downhill from there, I know it!). Plus it has been raining like nobody's business. But hey - no more oppressive summer heat. I'll take it.

Here are a few shots I took right outside my house on a rainy Sunday.... I love how "enchanted forest" the shots feel, and the fact that all the shooting I did was basically within a square foot (mebbe two?) area. Sure doesn't take much to entertain me, does it? *laughs*

2 comments:

carmen said...

amen to missing the Fall Rhapsody ... and amen to lovin' the new cool weather!!! Although "cool" over here means 23 degrees. hmmm... yes, all relative.

I too love the "enchanted forest" feel! Speaking of which, guess what was on TV this weekend?? ALL 3 LOTR in a row!!!! Needless to say, I made up for not watching anything these past months by camping in front of the tube for 7 hours (#2 and #3). :D

stephanie said...

hahaha.... what a nice treat it must've been for you! i'm GLAD that you got 7 hours to relax and enjoy some favorite shows. :) i camped out in front of the tube last night for 2ish hours watching hockey.... first time since leaving home. can't believe how much i miss hockey night in canada since i can't watch it now!

happy thanksgiving my love!