1.4.09

An end.

For the past two years I've occupied office 359a at 25 Eddy St.... filled it with pictures, paper, mosses, music, the sounds of mad typing, and all manner of other things. I managed data, organized thoughts and functions, and made lots of really really great friends - all with cubicle 359a as home base.

Yesterday was my official last day.

I'm still here.... slowly tying up loose ends and getting ready to go. I just began the long process of cleaning up.... returning things to their proper homes (whether it be others' or mine), finding new homes for other things, and taking down markers of the last two years of my life. As I unpinned photos of cute kids and landscapes from my wall, stowing away the pins and magnets for another time, the fact that this signified an ending finally started to sink in. The thought of leaving, and the now-barren space, suddenly made me sad.

As someone said yesterday, "this is the end of an era."

4 comments:

carmen said...

*sniff*


... and here's to the new one about to begin ^^

stephanie said...

hey, you can't steal my thunder! :O

just kidding. ;) come down with meeeee! i do think that texas IS the most straightforward way to get back to Taiwan.... yep........

carmen said...

ha ha ha!

your powers of persuasion never cease to amaze me. ;)

praise God for the exciting next step he's placed before you!!! :D :D :D

sonj said...

excitment!!! what are your plans for the interim? when does baylor begin??!!