20.3.09

Morning distractions

I was so close to making the express bus this morning.... but then I saw this in the morning light:

It looked so perfectly delicate, hanging at the end of the stem just so. Utterly soft and beautiful in the morning light. I couldn't resist. Tell me, how was I supposed to walk out without trying to capture it?

So I stopped. One shot turned into 10. I missed the bus.

Sigh.

So I checked the bus schedule to see when the next bus was coming...... 10 minutes 'til go-time. BUT THEN I saw the tulips. I couldn't resist:

Good thing I still made my bus. ;)

Pretty flowers, perfect morning light, a relatively good commute, and still getting to work relatively early...... a good start to the day!


Mmmm.... Did I promise Valentine's Day pictures? Really.... I should know better than to make promises I can't keep..... Soonsoonsoon. I promise. Whoops there I go again.......

4 comments:

carmen said...

oh! my dear, those are just lovely. :) What a natural gift you have for capturing beauty through the lens of technology! Sometimes I wish my eye could be a camera, so I could simply *snap* and have an image forever. But your camera does a nice job too ^^

I just found out something exciting. THIS is coming to Taiwan: http://www.doulos.to/
BIGGEST FLOATING BOOKSTORE IN THE WORLD. and it's a Christian ministry!! *droooool*

karen said...

absolutely gorgeous shots! And a reminder that spring is indeed here!

it rained today and the birds are chirping outside my window right now... mmm- I love it!

sonj said...

wow! flowers already!!!! our spring has been on the verge of staying put for MONTHS now, but it hasnt put in any real roots yet.. i hear the weekend might bring more spring, though :) miss you girls.!

stephanie said...

Well.... it was sorta cheating. Those were all indoor flowers. Do you honestly think OTTAWA would be graced with flowers, if Vancouver hasn't yet been? *laughs* It's definitely warming up here but can still be quite chilly some times. I'm just LOVING the longer days. Makes leaving work at the end of the day much less depressing!!