30.9.07

Exploring....

Oftentimes, I'll admire the works of more advanced photographers. I'll wonder where they come up with their creative concepts, and how they find such interesting locations. It's definitely caused me to look at the world around me through a different lens..... could that garden provide good photo ops? Could that abandoned building? How about that field?

For those of you who've visited my home in Ottawa, you'll know that they're developing the suburban sprawl like CRAZY.... right behind my neighbouhood. It makes shopping really convenient of course, but it makes me sad too, to see all those beautiful fields (that I never particularly appreciated before, btw...) built over. They've built plaza's to the east and west, and now the only patch left is an abandoned property directly behind my house.

All this to say that for the past couple of months I've been inspired to go exploring on that property, and see what there is to see. Seize the day and all that! After an initial 15-minute walk-about several weeks ago (after which my camera batteries died on me.....), I finally went back recently. Here's what there is to see:







I thought the markings on this bug looked neat...














Found this one hiding amongst the grass......













Is this what an ant sees?













Love this......










Last shot of the day..... another favorite. This one's for you, Chungi & txp!!

3 comments:

Chung said...

the pictures are so good that the last one gives me shivers...

*shivers*

carmen said...

hahaha...aren't you lucky it's only a photo ;)

i really like the purple flowers one too! random thought of the day: how many spots does a ladybug have? if you haven't thought about it before, the answer may surprise you...

see u soon ^^

lowonthego said...

ahh i love your shots!!!