12.4.04

happy birthday to meeee.......

so. indeed it is my birthday..... i am so old now! can't believe i am now two decades old..... how terrible. *grin* actually, i think to be in ur twenties is prolly the best.... u are not too young but not too old either. what a horrible time of year for a birthday! i spent the day studying..... it is about 9:22 pm now and i am still at school. in my lounge. as are 6 other ppl! it's nice that i am not alone. i especially thank God that He sent my friend janet to school..... b/c she is also studying genetix. i have two exams tomorrow and everyone else in here is studying for my other exam in chem, so if janet hadn't shown up i wouldn't've studied bio at all! and then i would be dead for sure...... now i feel like i might have a chance. praises! i still feel as though my marks in both subjects have been compromised though..... just b/c my attn has been split b/w the two. ah well...... i can only do my best, ne? i must leave the rest of it to God..... trusting is a horribly difficult lesson to learn; it is in our nature to want to know things...... (here stems the nightmare called "the pursuit of knowledge".... *hehe*) but we just can't know everything, now can we?

other presents from God that are reasons for praise:
=a GORGEOUS day outside today! blue skies always lift my spirits..... He must've done it just for me. *heehee*
=very supportive parents
=wonderful friends...... the ones who gathered in orleans and baked me a cake and then shared it with me..... and also the ones who are encouragement to me just b/c they are here at school right now studying just as hard as i am (maybe even harder!), and who sang a rousing "happy birthday" to me a few minutes ago.

*yay!* God is indeed good...... sure i would've preferred an easy birthday where i could go out and celebrate..... but i must admit that today wasn't half-bad!

ok, back to the books........

No comments: